ChefMe! is a set of stones for water sharpening with grain 400/1000/3000/8000 to sharpen your knives with the whetstone supplied with non-slip silicone support and instructions also in Italian.
Today I want to talk about this product because more and more often I find myself sharpening knives of friends who have knives in their kitchens now without wire and that are thrown and forgotten at the bottom of the drawer.
Now this type of Premium stone can be a perfect help in the kitchen to have sharp knives and help you in the preparation of food but my advice is to do it with low and medium range knives, for professional knives it is better to turn to people who are experienced in sharpening with stone or with more professional tools.
Consider that stone sharpening still requires a minimum of practice and experience but as you will see you can equip yourself with guides that allow you to sharpen and maintain the correct sharpening angle.
Your knives are not sharp?
Then it can be an opportunity to use sandstones like the ChefMe and bring your knives back to having a super efficient thread and you get back the joy of cooking again in your kitchen!
Using sharp knives not only makes cooking more fun, but also brings more security to your kitchen, in fact it will take significantly less pressure when cutting!
What grain do I need?
The 3000 and 8000 grain sizes are suitable for fine sanding and polishing of knives still intact.
With good knives, this sharpening stone achieves the perfect sharpening of the razor, allowing the knife to slide through the vegetables without pressure!
For damaged or very sharp knives, we recommend in advance our stone for sharpening with grain 400/1000.
Or you can directly order the complete set with all 4 grits in one package and so you have the complete set!
ChefMe! Guide for Sharpening Knives
Are you new to the field of knife sharpening?
Then I advise you for the first attempts to put help on your knife!
For the time being, you can forget about all the thoughts about the sharpening angle and focus entirely on the grinding movement.
The most common error in grinding is the change of angle during the grinding movement.
This creates a round blade, which unfortunately is not sharp!
It does not matter if 12 or 15 degrees, but the angle must be constant!
Please note the following: the plastic material of the same sharpening aid does not cause scratches on the knife.
However, during the sharpening process, small particles from the grinding wheel stand between the mill and the knife.
Unfortunately, this sometimes causes scratches!
Then use the stand to sharpen knives only with cheap knives.
Only when you have gained enough experience, you should try on your expensive knives, and then sharpen without the help of support!
If you have any questions or suggestions, the manufacturer is available to give you suggestions, you can contact chefme! Team at any time!
- to learn the sanding movement
- constant sharpening angle
- perfect for beginners in knife grinding
- ideal complement for any sharpening stone
- WARNING: use only with cheap knives! Abrasive grains can settle between the grinding aid and the knife and cause scratches!
The price is about 8 €
ChefMe! Stainless steel grinding wheel holder
Is a support for for the pits to sharpen the knives? no.
Is sharpening with the stone door more convenient? Yes!
The set of stones already contains two silicone insoles, with which the millstones rest very stable on the kitchen countertop.
- non-slip and stable grip on the worktop
- comfortable working height, especially with flat grinding wheels
- enough space to keep the knife handle safe during the grinding movement
If you sharpen your knives only once a year, the support for the stones I would say is not worth it but if you are going to perform sharpening regularly then this support allows you to have extra comfort in using the stone, it is also adjustable and can also be used with other stones.
The bars are made of stainless steel 304 (V2A) for the threaded bars because the sharpening of the knife that the support is in contact with water and for this reason the manufacturer has chosen this quality material.
The manufacturer writes in its manual that it hopes that the support will continue to serve you well in 10 years!
- Threaded pins IN STAINLESS STEEL 304 / V2A: rustproof and resistant
- NO SLIPPING: rubber plugs ensure a firm grip on the worktop
- PLEASANT WORKING HEIGHT: the bracket raises the stone to sharpen to a comfortable height. Here’s how to make grinding fun!
- FLEXIBLE: suitable for grinding wheels with a length of 14-21 cm
- PERFECT as a supplement or gift for every whetstone user
The price is about 21 €
ChefMe! Leather Straps For Sharpening Knives 30x5cm with PUMA Abrasive Paste
ChefMe! the lace for those who really want a super sharp knife
Do you love sharp knives and want to extract the last one from your blade?
So a leather belt is the tool you need.
In combination with PUMA abrasive paste you have everything at your fingertips, what you need for fine sanding of your kitchen knives and razors.
- Leather surface 30x5cm (cowhide)
- fine and rough side
- glued on natural wood for stable and easy application
- ideal supplement after using a grinder
The leather strap is ideal for regularly refreshing the sharpness of the knife.
Similarly, the blade can be polished with the leather belt after being sharpened with stone.
With a few strokes you can easily achieve an extra dose of “sharpness”.
attention! blunt or damaged knives can not be sharpened only with the leather strap.
For this it is important before the leather belt to use the set of stones.
The supply includes:
- Leather straps (double, on wood)
- Puma abrasive paste (7g)
- Instructions in different languages (also in Italian)
About this article
- Genuine leather strap for the perfect sharpness of your kitchen knives and razors
- Abrasive paste (PUMA) and Italian instructions are included, so you can start immediately
- extra long version (30 x 5 cm), with which you can pull out the entire blade in one go without constantly re-setting
- side in fine and rough leather, glued to natural wood for a stable and uncomplicated application
- ideal as fine sanding after application with a sharpening stone
Learning to sharpen requires a lot of practice, really a lot and this set of stones and the optional tools can be useful to have a correct start of the sharpening angle and continue freehand.
Practice sharpening stones with a low cost!
Learning to sharpen requires a lot of practice, really a lot and therefore do not expect to get great results right away but try and try again and if you follow all the instructions calmly and precisely you will get a good sharpening.
In the house people always have knives that they don’t use because they don’t cut anymore ask people to give them and sharpen them, exercise.
With time and experience, you’ll get a blade with incredible cutting ability!
Make a good sharpening!
Are You Experience!?
If you liked what you read and it was useful to you before you left the page share the article via the social buttons you see at the top and comment. Thank you very much! Important! I still ask you for a little effort but for me it’s useful for the project, click I like it on Facebook page and at Instagram channel.